1 Year

It has been just over a year.  I'd like to say lots has changed. Maybe it has and I just don't see it, living in it. In fact, I'm sure lots has changed but I don't see it.

In either case I'd like to write more. I know I'm not a writer but I know I enjoy writing so I'm going to. I'm going to do it for me and because God told me to. In my experience its best to do what he asks. I don't like journaling. My hand hurts writing. Maybe this is my way of journaling.

But what is going on now? What has happened in the last year?

Elle is now at a charter school 45 minutes from our house but it s such a good fit for her.  Classical education and lots of reading.  This girl is smarter than me but don't tell her I said that.

We are still homeschooling Gabe. He has been seeing a therapist to help with his explosiveness. He's such a sweet kid. Over the past year he has started to discover his voice. It's been so amazing to see and hear him process. This kid is absolutely amazing in the way he thinks and we encourage him to continue thinking the way he does because he will change the world.

Reese has been doing kindergarten work at home. She will be joining Elle at the charter school next year. I can't believe she will actually be in kindergarten. Look out world!

Ty just turned 4. He is and will always be the baby. We love him dearly and are thoroughly enjoying watching him grow and his little personality explode.

We were so incredibly blessed for Kyle to get a teaching contract for the year. He's working at a residential treatment facility for teen boys as a middle school/high school teacher.  It's not where he thought he'd be but he's definitely doing what he knew he was called to do: make a difference in the life of troubled teens. It is a constant reminder to us that what God calls us to may look different than what we perceive, that we should remain patient and trust in our provider.

God has been good in allowing me to continue my job as a group fitness instructor at multiple location teaching Zumba® and STRONG by Zumba®. I've been blessed to hold several master classes for both formats and continue to pray about expanding my portfolio.

He has been good. He is good. He will continue to be good. Through the last year his steadiness is a blessing. He provides daily. Just like the manna. A daily miracle God provided which the Israelites lost sight of as a miracle (Numbers 11). How many little miracles do we lose sight of when he is so faithful in providing them every day?

Lord help me to be continually thankful in the midst of my hardships and your continued faithfulness. Help me crave only you and resist complaining. Help me bring forth praise in your hearing for all you have allowed in my life. Your will is great. Your plan is greater. Your way is better than any I could ask or imagine. I trust you Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts