Do you speak 2-year-old?

As Elle continues to grow and develop, her vocabulary is constantly changing.  We know this though.  What I think we occasionally fail to realize is how amazing those initial attempts at words are.  For example, when Elle was a little littler :)  she would so I love you so much.  Nothing too special but she would put emphasis on love and much.  She doesn't say it that way anymore but we still do.  It's too cute not to.

Another one she still says and I absolutely LOVE is prettiful.  It's so completely a little girl term!  She doesn't quite understand beauty yet so pretty is accurate, however she's heard Kyle and I say beautiful so she thinks ful should be at the end?  I'm guessing.  So its full of pretty.  ADORABLE!

And then today! Oh everyday is a dialogue adventure with a toddler isn't it?  She was putting her boots on but they were on the wrong feet, as the often adorably are, and I told her this.  She kept working on putting it on the wrong foot and said, "Mom, yer killing me here." Not being absolutely sure I heard her correctly I had to have her repeat it again.  Yep, I was right.  I was "killing" her.  Notice, she does actually take the time to pronounce the full killing instead of killin' but its yer not you're.  Honestly!

Anyway, we are getting closer and closer to Gabe's 1 year!  Can't believe that.  It went so much faster than Elle's.  I've finally decided on the cake.  I'm going to attempt to make the Daily Planet to go with Gabe being Superman.  Hopefully it will turn out.  Kyle has his Spiderman costume, Elle is set with Super Girl, Gabe is Superman, and I've got my make-shift Tomb Raider costume (G rated).  I doubt I will be able to get Gabe's scrapbook done in time.  There just aren't enough hours in the day with family, church, work, school, dance, etc.  Oh well.  If it doesn't get done it doesn't get done.

Anyway, I should be able to breath after the party and hopefully will have some pictures but until then here are some to tide you over.


Gabe 'playing' in the snow at the cabin.  So glad we finally made it up there.

Gabe and Me cuddling at the cabin.

Elle Belle and the "new" monkey Peanut Butter.

Kyle took the kids to the circus MEA week.  Such a good daddy.

My little boy, growing up.

Comments

Vicki said…
Love the vocabulary updates! Ya gotta add those to her scrapbook! Can't wait to see you in ONE WEEK!!!!

Popular Posts