Shoe Daydreams

My mom has, probably since I was born, given me a hard time about the collections of shoes I have.

The torch of grief was passed to my husband when we got married. 

My current plan is to use up all the lovely shoes I have, which is not that many by the way, so I can go on a wonderful shoe shopping spree.  Keep in mind, I know we won't be able to afford said shoe shopping extravaganza but I'd like to daydream.

In a random Google search last night I came across a shoe heaven blog.  Shoedaydreams .  It's amazing.  Well, the pictures are at least.  So far. :)  I haven't had a chance to read through everything but thank you random Google findings for leading me to this site that will help me suppress my shoe addiction. 

I just had to share with other shoe lovers.  Particularly as a mom who rarely gets to purchase clothing for herself, much less frill items such as fancy shoes.  It is an interesting realization I have, I'm sure many mom's do, when we get the rare chance to go shopping sans children.  Sometimes our goal is to look for our children.  Okay, usually our goal is items for our children but on the off chance we get to go for ourselves how often do we actually end up shopping for ourselves? 

In my case, I probably spend a couple minutes in the women's section, end up completely disheartened by the selection and my inability to pull off the cute and trendy clothes and meander over to the always adorable children's section.  It's just more fun!  Plus, it's just more reasonable that we get new clothes or shoes or whatever for the kids because they are slowly outgrowing the clothes we bought for them last week.  After all, mine still fit.  Sure my wires are protruding from all but one of my bras and I only have 1 respectable pair of jeans and my tank top straps are held together by safety pins, but hey, they still fit and are functioning.

Maybe I'm the only one this happens to?  And I LOVE shopping for my kids.  But sometimes, while I'm sitting at work or home being inundated with work and school and chores and dinner plans and blah, blah, blah!, I just need to escape into shoedaydreams.

Dreaming of shoes like these...

Comments

Ryan said…
how many pairs of shoes do you have? :)
Kaylee said…
oh gosh! I can't totally relate to this! I have such a hard time buying myself clothes and shoes, although I have a serious shoe fetish - I LOVE shoes. I am going to HAVE to check out this shoedaydreams website!!!! Oh and I love the bottom pair of black shoes with the bow - super super cute!!!
InsideTheCircus said…
Ryan-not THAT many. :)

Kaylee-Those were the shoes that drew me to the site! I love them and the even made them with the shoe white and the bow black. SO cute!

Popular Posts