Brotherly Love

While its comforting to know that my little guy loves his sister so much, it is not fun to learn just how much he loves her at 2:30 in the morning.  For about the past hour Gabe has been screaming.  He’s had a bottle, I have tried holding him, and he’s been given Tylenol but to no avail.  He’s all alone in their room with no sight of his sister.  I’m not sure if he’s just scared because he’s alone or at 10 months can he be concerned for his sister since she has always been there but isn’t now.  It took him quite a while to initially fall asleep as well.  As much as Kyle and I love our children, we feel they need to learn the importance of calming themselves down.  Even if I did pick him up, the minute I put him back down in his crib he’s unsatisfied.  I’m sure part of the problem now is that he has lost his nuk. 
I wonder what the neighbors might think if they were to wake at 2:30 in the morning to hear a baby screaming for an hour?
Meanwhile, Kyle is sleeping because he doesn’t have a problem drowning out the screaming of our children.  Lucky.  In situations like these I just don’t know what to do.  I’m not sure why this wasn’t a problem with Elle Belle.  I think she was able to self-sooth rather quickly so we didn’t have to go through this.  Gabe on the other hand, well, he gets held a LOT and pretty much any time he whines, some one comes running.  More because we didn’t want him to wake Elle up than anything else.  Man are we paying for that.  I thought it would be nice to just have some time with the Gaber Baby.  Elle is up at Auntie Nicki’s cabin for the weekend.  Apparently Gabe was not sure that was such a good choice.  Next time we’ll ask first.
He’s gotten quieter! 
Nevermind!

Comments

Vicki said…
Yes, I think Elle and Gabe are good pals and he misses his sister. Separation anxiety! Maybe I should get a nuk!

Popular Posts