A Cry of Relief

Tonight, the tears finally fell.

For almost two weeks I have been good…fine…okay with my lil hitchhiker.

When I’ve gotten the slightest bit teary eyed, I remind myself that this isn’t a big deal.  It’s nothing really.  I don’t have cancer.  This isn’t life threatening.  I’m good.  This doesn’t warrant a cry.  So I don’t cry.

Tonight…Tonight the tears won.

Tonight I cried singing at 3:14.

I love 3:14 (but that’s a different story).

I cried like a BABY.  I still didn’t want to cry.  I still don’t think my hitchhiker warrants a cry.  But I cried nonetheless. 

I don’t necessarily feel better but I don’t feel worse.  Crying didn’t hurt anything.

I was prayed over…and I cried.  And then I cried some more.

I feel less chaos about my hitchhiker…A slight relief.

Tonight, I had a cry of relief.

Thank you to my 3:14 family for helping me cry and letting me cry.

Comments

Vicki said…
Hi hon!

It's hard to express what's on my heart, except that I am relieved you finally cried. That you finally allowed yourself to cry. Tears of relief, tears of fear, tears of comfort knowing your Daddy has His eye on you. Tears that cleansed the anxiety that you didn't want to carry, but the anxiety is like little leeches that attach themselves to us as we wade through life. I too, am thankful for your 3:14 family and that you allowed the tears to flow. Jesus wept. Eryn wept. An expression of very intense emotions. I think you're allowed!

I love you!
~ ~ mom
ElissaM said…
Eryn~ For some reason I didn't see your post about the MRI until just now. I am so sorry you are going through that and have to wait 2 weeks to find things out. Like you probably already know, if it was an emergency type thing, they would have had you in the next day or in the hospital. I am praying that your hitchhiker doesn't give you any more grief and that you can have God's peace and joy inside of you. Enjoy your days a little more and be grateful for all. You are a superwoman and can get through this! Praying for you and your family
Anonymous said…
I wish I were there!! Glad that you got prayed for...and cried.

-Vicki W.

Popular Posts