Where Have I Gone?

Well, let me tell you. 

Two weeks ago was spent preparing Elle and Gabe for their dance recital(s).  With Elle dancing in 5 numbers and Gabe in three as well as teaching my own classes I felt a bit busy.  It all went off wonderfully and my growing belly was thankful for it to be over.  That whole weekend was filled with recital activities from Friday night to Sunday evening.  So that pretty much took care of that week.

Last week was spent recuperating from the weekend.  The kids were fantastic given the exhaustion they were dealing with and having Grandma and Grandpa around definitely helped.  Of course we were also resting up for the next weekend and week.

Joyful Noise Family Fest was Saturday and with the forecast reading 90's and no clouds we needed to figure something out.  Lost of water, sunscreen, and pre-resting as much as possible was the answer.  It was well worth it to sit in the heat.  The kids were phenomenal and aside from some minor pink shading we all walked away fairly unscorched.  It was a great day for a bunch of outdoor concerts and the weather really was beautiful.

Yesterday we slept it.  Yep, even the kids.  Since we didn't get home until after 12 Saturday night we thought it best that we all rest a little.  The kids slept until almost 10; Sunday miracle #1.  Both, I repeat BOTH children woke with smiles on their faces; miracle #2.  Then we rushed out the door to meet my parents, brother, and sister-on-law at Gabe's in St. Paul before the St. Paul Saints game.  Another hot day outside and perhaps the prize wasn't as tempting (St. Paul Saints vs. Toby Mac).  The Saints were ahead and the game was progressing so we left a little early. 

So, we are still recovery from the last two weeks.  Thank goodness this weekend has nothing on the docket.  Kyle will be done with class attendance after this week for awhile and Elle has Audition Prep Camp for dance Monday - Wednesday with auditions on Thursday (we'll see how that goes).  Just gotta get through Thursday.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

Comments

Popular Posts