Honestly

Yesterday was Elle's first day of dance Audition Prep Camp.  She is 5 and will be auditioning for competition dance for the first time this year.  Kyle and I discussed it for quite some time since she is only 5, that's a big commitment for a 5 year old, she'll be starting kindergarten this year and all the other reasons.

After discussing Elle's progress with her teachers, the studio owner and evaluating her passion for dance, it's insane, we decided an audition would be fine and we'll take it from there.  We are by no means holding our breath for our little one to be the next SYTYCD (So You Think You Can Dance) winner.  After all, did you see that 2 year old that was on!  The experience Elle will have at APC (Audition Prep Camp) will be good for her in any case.  Plus the child danced roughly 3 hours this last year as a 4/5 year old and still came home and danced around the whole house.

I think I was more nervous about it than Elle. I had been preparing her for a tough camp. 

"You can't talk unless the teacher asks you a question or you have a question specifically related to what the teacher is doing, do you understand Elle?"

"Yes Mom."

"You can't whine."

"Okay Mom."

"You can't complain."

"Okay Mom."

"You'll have to work VERY hard and it may hurt a little."

"Okay Mom."

"Do you think you can do it?"

She took a deep breath with her eyes closed.  Opened them back up and looked me square in the eye.  "I'll do my best Mom."

Ugh! Melt a mama's heart!

I don't know how hard she worked yesterday but I know when I saw her she said she wanted to go back and I'm happy with that.  The last thing I want is for me daughter to lose her passion for dance and I wasn't sure if after dancing for 4 hours in one day she'd still want to dance.  Well apparently I had nothing to worry about because even after dancing for 4 hours in one day, she still came home and danced around the living room.  Honestly kid.

Comments

Popular Posts