Fall...Almost

Elle said the most adorable and heart-warming thing the other day. 

She has recently developed a fascination with monsters.  Good ones and bad ones.  Ones she can play with and ones that scare her.  I have tried to think of different ways to help her deal with these monsters never knowing what type of monster she is currently imagining. 

The other day we were in the car on the way home from daycare and she said there was a monster coming and sounded a bit worried so I assumed it was a mean monster.  We had a talk the previous week about what we say to the scary monsters.  I love my daughter very much but didn’t expect her to remember what we had talked about.  Sure enough, I asked her what we say to the monsters, just to see if she remembered.  Her response?  “Jesus is here.”

This was great on so many levels.  First, she remembered what we had talked about.  Second, she remembered that Jesus was there to protect her.  Third, my mom was able to be on the phone and experience the moment with us!  That doesn’t get to happen as much anymore and I LOVE it when we can share those with her.  Hopefully it makes it better and not worse.

We went to the apple orchard this last weekend as well.  We got lots of apples and had some fun.  It is still a little to warm for me to go to the orchard but oh well.  It’s for the kids, right? 

Gabe enjoyed the apples…


  
Elle had fun picking them…



 Kyle just loves being outside…



  And me?  I got to enjoy some excellent time with my hubby and kids!  Some great photos!





September has flown by and I really can’t believe that Gabe will be 1 in a little over a month!  I will have 2 toddlers! Crazy!

Gabe is pulling himself up more and more.  I’m already seeing him taking chances I’m uncomfortable with.  He’s getting a bit more daring with walking and maneuvering around in our living room.  Standing without holding on to something for a few seconds.  Moving from the table to the couch and stretching a little more than I like.  I have to let him do it though.  This is only the beginning of all things boy.  Man does that kid light up the room though.  Even when he’s serious.




He’s crawling all over the place and will only in desperate times regress to his army crawl.  He’s started eating real food this last week as well.  He had plums, carrots, and Cheerios for dinner tonight.  I felt like a good mom actually making him food instead of shoveling pre-processed food down is throat.  He never complains though.  Just like he’s dad, he’ll eat pretty much anything you give him.

 Elle continues to grow.  She’s over 3 feet tall and quite the joker.  She genuinely is just a happy kid and that makes me happy.  I can’t wait for us to have a back yard for her to play it.  The kid is an adventurer at heart.  I read some where that you should dress little girls like little girls.  I say dress them how they want to dress.  Elle’s much more comfortable in her jeans and t-shirts than some flashy dress.  She’s my Euro-child.  She’s got such a style that is pretty much hers alone.  She picks out her own clothes most days.  And yes mom she does like that hat.  It’s so cute on her so I’m sure it helps that mom likes it too.



Comments

Vicki said…
I love the stories! Thanks for taking the time to write and share the pictures. I'm really looking forward to my October trip!!!

Popular Posts