In Full Swing

I am in full swing preparing for the baby shower of a dear friend.  If you've read my blog before you know I LOVE this.  You know I LOVE planning parties and I LOVE investing the time in all the details that will make my friends smile.  The details that they may not even notice but would miss if they weren't there.

If you know me, you also know I can't stand messes and disorganized, cluttered areas.  So when you combine my love for party planning and my love for organization, it can get a little interesting.

My small desk is currently maxed out with...

 paint; tubes and small cans...

and odd clothes pin/popsicle contraptions.

My printer is doubling as a shelf holding other goodies for the party...

and yet to be panted clothes pins and popsicle sticks are waiting.

Unmanned scissors beckon to my 3 and 5 year old, "it'll be fun to try cutting your hair."

 My lame attempt at presorting only brings bags of items instead of piles.

Stamps have been recovered from the pit of my scrap booking bin and are anxious to be used.


The only thing resembling sanity on my desk is the chicken scratched list of party to-do's.  Some items even have a check mark next to them if not a full on line through them.

The other day I was trying to work at my desk and informed my husband I need a bigger desk.  From the bedroom he mockingly replied, "Honey, you need a workstation."  It's sad, but it's true.  Maybe planning my workstation will be my next project.

How do you stay organized among all the insanity?

Comments

Popular Posts